Thursday, November 25, 2010

Glass Cutting Mat?

Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday!

To all my american followers...Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have a great one with your loved ones.

Yesterday I was in Wal Mart looking for a glass mat since I read that the MS circle cutter will perform better when used with a glass mat. Well, I couldn't found one so I called my local scrapbook store and she didn't have one either! Oh my, what do I do? I need a glass mat so bad for I'm doing a lot of circle cutting and not wanting to use my cricut for it's in another room! Well, I don't know if this has occurred to you, but while I was putting my little one down for her afternoon nap I thought: Why not use the glass from an old picture frame? So there I went and took the glass from a broken picture frame that I had the intention to repair and took the glass out. I layed the glass onto a self healing cutting mat just in case it would brake while using it. Got my MS circle cutter and oh boy did it ever did a wonderful job! It cut with no problem whatsoever! I tried different sizes and papers as well as cardstock and it did cut like knife in butter. Now, I need to figure out to cut circles around printed images and/or photos. As soon as I figure it out, I'll make a photo tutorial for it just to have it here so if anyone of you need it then you know where to go :)

So now you don't have to spend money on an expensive glass cutting mat, just use the glass on one of your old picture frames, or and old coffee table, or and end table whatever is that you have :)

P.S. You can also go to your local glass repair shop or any place that they cut glass...it might be a little expensive but if you don't have any piece of glass laying around then this will do.


Have a good crafting day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new to your blog & enjoying it.
    I saw this post & could not resist adding another idea to your great idea. You can also use a glass cutting board. I was lucky enough to find one on a clearance for $1.99 when I lived in Pennsylvania and bought it. Little did I know I would end up using it as a glass cutting mat but it works wonderfully. I will be stopping in again I am sure. Thanks for sharing your great crafts & stories.
    Take care,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. A glass would be perfect replacement for a cutting mat. I've been using it since day one of my paper projects.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Thank you for leaving yours! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails